At State Department Federal Credit Union, our members are our number one priority. We strive to satisfy their financial needs by offering a variety of products and services at reasonable rates and delivering exceptional experiences while building lasting relationships.
We are looking for talented people who exhibit passion for helping others and a desire to be a collaborative team member.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT STATE DEPARTMENT FEDERAL CREDIT UNION INCLUDE:
- Working for a diverse and inclusive organization that values and respects team members.
- 401k with 3% employer match plus an additional Safe Harbor Employer Contribution
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commute/Parking Incentive Plan
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Package
- Gym Reimbursement
- Company and Team Bonding Events
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
We are currently seeking a full time Member Service Representative I to join the team in our Call Center, located in Old Town Alexandria. The candidate must be dependable, be able to multi-task, and have strong communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and the desire to work as a self-motivated team player in a dynamic and challenging work environment. The incumbent will also possess excellent phone etiquette, exceptional service skills and the ability to identify member needs in order to recommend and sell SDFCU products and services that meet those needs. This is a fast paced, goal-oriented environment with weekly, monthly and annual production, service and sale goals. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work independently and as a team member to meet and exceed personal and departmental goals.
This position requires working Monday - Friday, 8 am – 6 pm, with possible Saturday hours. Regular and reliable attendance is critical to be successful in this role.
- 1 year customer service experience with proven sales and service skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to handle a high volume of inbound calls efficiently
- Professional phone manner and good, clear speaking voice
- Ability to communicate effectively orally, with demonstrated listening skills
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and analytical skills
- Ability to utilize a Windows software environment
- Accurate typing of 35 w.p.m. desired
- Ability to write effectively with attention to grammar and composition
- Good organizational and time management skills
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the Member Service Representative I. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required.