Come join a dynamic team as a Front Counter Hospitality Team Member at Chick-fil-A DC USA (Columbia Heights). The successful applicant will be a key player in a thriving business committed to growing the talents of team members and delivering an outstanding dining experience for every guest. This position is for the evening shift only. The successful applicant must be able to work from 2pm until close and have availability to work 30hrs+ each week.
The role for a Front Counter Hospitality Team Member is to focus on the customer, from the moment they arrive and throughout their experience at our store, providing each guest with a memorable, remarkable experience. Areas of responsibility include front counter service which includes order taking, delivering meals to guests and assisting to customer’s needs while maintaining a clean, attractive dining room environment with a welcoming atmosphere. The job role includes being able to share and answer questions about the Chick-fil-A brand, food products, the CFA One app and current marketing campaign. All Front Counter Hospitality Team Members are expected to work along with their team with a collaborative spirit to strive for excellent performance in all areas.
Provides ReMarkable Service
- Provides a professional and friendly guest interaction including Core 4, 2nd mile service and uses the language of hospitality throughout a guest’s experience
- Effectively takes orders and helps answer questions throughout a transaction
- Ensures accuracy of orders including proper food and condiments
- Communicates effectively with the kitchen and to the customer about wait times
- When delivering meals to the table, follows procedures on confirming correct order and ensuring the guest has all they need to enjoy their meal
- Understand the expectation of Chick-fil-A customer service standards.
- Consistently executes procedures with excellence
Maintains and provides an Excellent Environment
- Ensures a clean and inviting dining room environment which includes tables, chairs, condiment bars, floors, floorboards, walls, windows and ceiling
- Ensure all work areas, front counter, dining room, and bathrooms maintain the highest standard of cleanliness
Exhibits Proficient Understanding of Chick-fil-A Brand & Product Knowledge
- Stays current on knowledge of marketing events and sampling to customers
- Stays current with a clear understanding of the menu
- Regularly suggestively sells items to customers
- Proficient with POS Technology. A front counter employee can clearly answer POS technology questions including CFA ONE, mobile ordering, gift cards and Apple Pay
A Heart of Service, Shows Honor, Dignity & Respect for All, Strong Interpersonal Skills, Professionalism, Availability, Punctuality, Coachability, Collaborative Spirit, Enthusiasm, Reliability, Self-Motivation, Organization, Ability to Multi-Task, Strong Ethics, Well-Versed
Character and Skills:
- Team player
- Able to multitask
- Willing to give your best at all times
- Knowledgeable with all procedures
- Works with a sense of urgency
- Strategic thinker, Goal-oriented, strong technology skills
- Great communicator both in handling difficult situations and a diverse team.
- Mature and dependable
- Desire for ongoing training/education
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Detailed & keenly observant
- Passion for procedural discipline
We love to promote from within so there are opportunities to advance into leadership, including being considered for our high performing leadership team.
- Competitive pay starting at $15.00 with bonus incentives
- Fun team environment
- Meals provided during shift
- Flexible work schedule (day and evening shifts available)
- Health and Life Insurance benefits available to eligible employees
- Scholarships & retirement plans available
- Easy commute - Columbia Heights Metro station across the street from store (Green & Yellow line)
- Closed on Sundays!
- Must be 18yrs old+ for this position
- Bilingual – English/Spanish a PLUS!